Quebec City is a great weekend getaway. Where to stay in Quebec City? Book a room at the Fairmont’s Chateau Frontenac, and you’ll be staying in one of the most photographed hotels in the world. For a unique view of the Frontenac and excellent photo opportunities, ride the funicular down into Old Lower Town. As you walk along Lower Town’s narrow, cobbled streets, glance up and drink in the majestic beauty of this old dame sitting atop the bluff overlooking the St. Lawrence River. With so much to do in this historic town, we’d give you ten of our favorites, so here goes!
Top 10 Things to do in Quebec City
- Speak French – Bon Jour!
- Visit Musee de la Civilisation – check out the video presentation about Montreal’s history
- Stroll Old Lower Town – enjoy a multitude of shops, inns, and bistros
- Eat “Sugar Pie” at Aux Anciens Canadiens – 34 rue St-Louis in Upper Town – a smooth maple syrup concoction placed on a delicious crust
- Let the kids play at Parc des Champs-de-Bataille while you relax under a shade tree
- Shop in Upper Town – pick up your Canadian souvenirs
- Visit Le Chateau Frontenac – stop by and say hello to their friendly mascot in the lobby
- Go for a swim – if you’re lucky enough to be staying at Le Chateau Frontenac, take a dip in their indoor pool
- Take a scenic cruise along the Saint-Lawrence River
- Eat crepes at Casse-Crêpe Breton in Upper Town – Choose from chocolate, fruit, or ham and cheese fillings. This bustling cafe is filled with tourists and locals alike who know a great crepe when they taste one!